Using venison instead of beef is something Kaci and I do often for our meals. It’s very lean and tastes great. Here is a how-to video on how to make meatloaf using deer.
Here is what you need to make meatloaf using deer meat:
- 1.5 lb ground venison
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line loaf pan with aluminum foil or grease well.
- Mix all ingredients well in large bowl using your hands.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and distribute evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Take meatloaf out of oven and top with 1/2 cup ketchup.
- Place back in oven for 20-30 more minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!
*You may add in additional spices or BBQ sauce, as preferred. We chose to add in some Lawry’s seasoning and a dash of Country Bobs.