An 84 year old hunter has died after catching his clothes on fire while in the deer stand and falling out of a tree.
Arthur Joseph Knafla from Maple Grove, Minnesota was attempting to light his propane heater in his partially enclosed deer stand when he accidentally caught his clothes on fire.
He fell from the deer stand as he fought with the flames.
A Meadowlands ambulance responded to the incident and Knafla was pronounced dead at the scene Saturday morning.
The accident occurred in Lavell Township, southeast of Hibbing, the Star-Tribune reported.
Modern firearms season is very popular and just opened this past weekend with nearly 450,000 hunters taking to the woods to hunt a 1.3 million deer population each day.